Sweet, chewy and oat-y flapjack studded with cookie pieces, topped with cookies and cream nut butter all drizzled in melted chocolate. These bars are deliciously simple to make in one bowl in 30 minutes and are great for friends and family – the base is naturally gluten-free and vegan.
My obsession with cookies and cream continues, as I find more and more ways to use my Cookies and Cream Nut Butter – aka Oreo cashew butter. From breakfast to snacks, desserts and everything in between, this creamy, sweet and sticky nut butter really is a new favourite and these Chocolate Oreo Flapjacks are just the same!
It’s been a long long time since I’ve made flapjack. Granola bars, yes, I’ve made lots of those, as well as cookie bars and caramel slices. But sometimes it is best to go back to basics. And who doesn’t love a slice of flapjack? Chewy, oaty and slightly sweet, this recipe for Chocolate Oreo Flapjack has the added bonus of cookies and chocolate!
The basic flapjack recipe is simple:
- Oats: the staple in every flapjack recipe to hold it all together and turn into wonderfully chewy bars.
- Coconut sugar: or you can use caster sugar – either way, this is just the right amount of sweetness.
- Maple syrup: another refined sugar-free sweetener in this recipe which helps to bind these chewy bars as well as add a wonderful caramel flavour to the bars.
- Vanilla: adds a lovely sweet and warming flavour, but not essential if you have run out.
- Vegan butter or margarine: for the classic buttery and chewy flapjack, I prefer to use a vegan butter or margarine rather than coconut oil which will change the texture and flavour slightly. There are some great vegan alternatives nowadays so have a look at what you have around.
That’s all there is to this basic flapjack recipe, but then it gets a whole lot better with Oreo cookies! These are naturally/accidentally vegan but not gluten-free so either use a GF cookie in its place or skip them out and go for regular classic flapjack. The second element to these double Chocolate Oreo Flapjack is the dollops of Cookies and Cream Nut Butter on top! It’s deliciously decadent and so easy – it really amplifies these bars. Use my simple 2-ingredient recipe for the Cookies and Cream Nut Butter or use another nut butter you have (or make my Mocha Almond Butter).
Lastly, drizzle the bars/squares with chocolate and allow to set…
I hope you make these Chocolate Oreo Flapjack; I cannot stress enough how much I love them! Along with my recent addiction to no-bake cookie dough, I have equally been loving these flapjack bars. Chewy, oaty, sweet and sticky, they have everything we all love about the classic flapjack with the added bonus of chocolatey crumbly cookies, lots of moreish cookie butter and chocolate!
It all comes together in one bowl and works every time! If you are looking for more sweet recipes, how about my:
- Pistachio and Chocolate Cookie Dough Bars
- Cookies and Cream Skillet Baked Pancake
- No-Bake Cookie Dough Bites
- Chocolate Ganache Granola Cups
- Chocolate Cherry Almond Butter Cups
Chocolate Oreo Flapjack (Vegan GF)
Sweet, chewy and oat-y flapjack studded with cookie pieces, topped with cookies and cream nut butter all drizzled in melted chocolate. These bars are deliciously simple to make in one bowl in 30 minutes and are great for friends and family – naturally gluten-free and vegan.
- 100g vegan butter or margarine
- 50g coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 160g oats
- 5 Oreo cookies (50g), broken up
- A pinch of salt
- 8 tsp Cookies and Cream Nut Butter
- 40g chocolate, melted
- Preheat the oven to 160Fan/180*C and line a dish with baking parchment (approx. 10x20cm).
- Add the vegan butter/margarine, coconut sugar and maple syrup to a small saucepan and gently warm over a medium heat until melted.
- Add the oats, broken up Oreos and a pinch of salt to a mixing bowl and pour in the melted mixture with the vanilla essence. Stir to combine until evenly coated.
- Pour into the lined dish and flatten the top with a spatula. Bake for 25 minutes until golden and crisp. Allow to cool fully on a wire rack.
- Slice into 8 squares, top with the Cookies and Cream Nut Butter and drizzle over the melted chocolate. Allow to set in the fridge for 30 minutes until the chocolate is solid.
I hope you will love this Chocolate Oreo Flapjack and I look forward to hearing what you think in the comments below. If you make them, please tag me in your bakes on social – I’m @nourishing.amy on Instagram and use the hashtag #nourishingamy. I’m also on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest – please say hello!
With Oreo flapjack love x