Light and fluffy chocolate chip banana bread donuts with a delicious tiramisu flavour and covered in a rich and creamy chocolate coconut yoghurt frosting. These donuts are naturally vegan, refined-sugar free and can easily be gluten-free – so everyone can enjoy them.
I don’t “love” donuts but every time I see them, I think “wow that looks delicious”. Whether that is in real life as I walk past gorgeous window displays or whether on my phone screen as I scroll through Instagram or Pinterest. I don’t usually like how sweet they are so that’s why I absolutely loved my first ever donut recipe for Vegan Chai Spiced Donuts with Chocolate Orange and wanted to play around a little more with the flavours and the base.
Similar to my other donuts, these are baked for a muffin-style light and airy dough. These Tiramisu Chocolate Chip Donuts are loosely based on my favourite Banana Bread recipe as it works every time and ensures a moist and delicious bake. I’ve swapped out some of the flour with my new favourite Tiramisu flavoured protein powder which is as indulgent as it sounds – hints of coffee with chocolate and a hint of vanilla. Feel free to use another flavour or skip this out and use all flour but bear in mind that the donuts will no longer be tiramisu flavoured but the chocolate chip banana bread will really shine!
The frosting really is so simple: whip up some chocolate coconut yoghurt until thick and fluffy and spread over the baked donuts. Top with a sprinkling of chopped nuts, desiccated coconut and some cacao powder and everyone will be impressed.
These Tiramisu Chocolate Chip Donuts take less than 30 minutes from start to finish (just wait a little until the donuts are cool enough to frost) and about 2 minutes to devour! They require one bowl, one spoon and one donut tray, although if you don’t have a donut tray you can use a muffin tray instead although the baking time may increase by a few minutes.
I hope you will love these Tiramisu Chocolate Chip Donuts, they have a fluffy and cake-y baked donut base studded with creamy chocolate chips, naturally sweetened with mashed banana, flavoured with indulgent tiramisu and coated in a rich and creamy chocolate coconut yoghurt frosting.
Tiramisu Chocolate Chip Donuts
Light and fluffy vegan chocolate chip banana bread donuts with a delicious tiramisu flavour and covered in a rich and creamy chocolate coconut yoghurt frosting.
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fruit syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup tiramisu protein powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Chocolate Frosting:
- 1/2 cup (125g) chocolate coconut yoghurt
1. Preheat the oven to 170Fan/190*C and grease a donut tray with oil.
2. Mash the bananas and add in the chia seeds, coconut milk, olive oil and syrup and stir until smooth.
3. Leave for 5 minutes before adding the coconut sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, flour and protein powder and mix until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
4. Divide the batter between the donut holes, filling them 3/4 full and then bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown and firm to touch.
5. Allow to cool before removing from the moulds.
6. Prepare the frosting by whipping the coconut yoghurt until thicker and then spread over each donut. Sprinkle with coconut and chopped nuts or chocolate.
I look forward to hearing what you think of these Tiramisu Chocolate Chip Donuts and tag me in your donut bakes! I’m @nourishing.amy on Instagram and use the hashtag #nourishingamy. I’m also on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest – please say hello!
With tiramisu donut love x