A hearty and wholesome brunch, lunch or dinner bowl full of tender sticky roasted new potatoes, vibrant turmeric tofu scramble with some gut-healthy kimchi and lots of fresh herbs. This bowl is naturally vegan, gluten-free and free from refined sugars.
I do love brunch food and could eat it all day long, hence why this recipe for Roasted Sticky Potatoes and Turmeric Scramble features in both the breakfast and the lunch/dinner category on my website. Tofu scramble is also one of my favourite things to have for brunch and after my rich Smoked Paprika Scrambled Tofu on Toast recipe, I wanted to show how versatile this dish can be. It is not just for toast!
I’ve simplified the tofu with just some spring onion, garlic, turmeric for colour, some tamari soy sauce for richness and ground cumin and chilli for flavour. The method remains the same: simply smash the firm extra-tofu with a fork to form a “scramble” and fry off. Serve it alongside some sticky sweet roasted new potatoes with red onion and cherry tomatoes – which is my favourite way to enjoy potatoes. The secret to these potatoes is some good quality olive oil, salt, black pepper and a long roast in the oven, that’s it!
Finish off this Roasted Sticky Potatoes and Turmeric Scramble bowl with some fresh herbs, fiery kimchi (or sauerkraut), a smear of hummus or baba ganoush. I love my Smoked Red Pepper and Walnut Hummus or Easy Simple Creamy Hummus recipe here or try my Smoky Aubergine Baba Ganoush, too. All the flavours and textures work so well, and the colours really make the bowl extra exciting.
This Roasted Sticky Potatoes and Turmeric Scramble bowl is a deliciously hearty, wholesome and healthy option for a nourishing brunch, lunch or dinner. It is great to make for friends and family to share and even tastes great cold the next day. The recipe takes minimal effort and delivers on maximum flavour.
If you are looking for other brunch options how about my Giant Protein Pancakes, Cauliflower and Sun-Dried Tomato Breakfast Fritters or Vegan Vanilla and Strawberry French Toast.
Roasted Sticky Potatoes and Turmeric Scramble
A hearty and wholesome brunch, lunch or dinner bowl full of tender sticky roasted new potatoes, vibrant turmeric tofu scramble with some gut healthy kimchi and lots of fresh herbs. This bowl is naturally vegan, gluten-free and free from refined sugars.
- 400g baby new potatoes
- 1 red onion, in chunks
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- 1 tsp dried or fresh rosemary
- Salt and black pepper
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced or crushed
- 200g extra firm tofu
- ½ – 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 handful kale, torn
- 2 tbsp kimchi
- 2 tbsp hummus/baba ganoush
- Fresh coriander, seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 160Fan/180*C and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Toss the potatoes, red onion chunks and cherry tomatoes in a little olive oil, the rosemary, some salt and black pepper. Roast on the tray for 45-60 minutes until tender and sticky.
2. With 10 minutes before the potatoes are ready, mash the tofu with a fork and add in the ground turmeric, tamari soy sauce, ground cumin and some chilli flakes.
3. Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan and add the spring onion, garlic and kale. Cook for 5 minutes and add the mashed tofu. Fry for another 5 minutes until the tofu has dried out and is vibrant.
4. Serve the sticky roasted potatoes with the turmeric scramble, some hummus or baba ganoush, fresh chopped coriander, kimchi and some seeds.
With brunch bowl love x