Deliciously simple, oat and nut cookie dough bites that are easy to make, naturally vegan, gluten-free and make a healthy snack. They taste just like raw cookie dough with lots of chocolate chips!
I am really embracing all the simple, no-bake recipes at the moment. Sadly, not because of the summer weather (as the UK is still not that warm even for July) but more because I love showing off how simple, delicious and fun plant-based baking, or no-baking, can be. These No-Bake Cookie Dough Bites do just that. They are so easy to make and rely on a few staple and inexpensive ingredients while making the perfect snack.
They are filled with good-for-you ingredients like oats and nuts while tasting so much like raw cookie dough. If you’re craving a cookie but do not want to bake, this is your go-to recipe. Rich, slightly sticky, chewy and dense cookie dough bites studded with lots of chocolate chips and a touch of salt for that sweet yet salty tang.
Here’s what we need:
- Oats: make sure these are gluten-free if needed. Blend them up to form an oat flour. These act as the chewy base for the dough instead of white flour.
- Ground almonds: add a great nutty and sweet marzipan-like flavour to the cookie dough balls.
- Nut or seed butter: these snacks are not fussy! Use your favourite nut butter and each will bring with it its own flavour notes. I love to use tahini, cashew or almond butter for the classic cookie flavour. But opt for peanut butter for a more peanut butter cookie take on these snack balls.
- Maple syrup: helps to bind these cookie dough balls and add the classic sweetness.
- Coconut oil: again, this helps to bind the balls and add a great texture. You could try vegan butter or margarine if you like.
- Vanilla and salt: these are so important for the classic cookie dough flavours! I also love using almond essence in baking for a delicious twist.
- Chocolate chips: essential for the chocolate chip cookie dough! Use your favourite kind of chocolate, too: white, milk, dark (just watch out for non-vegan ingredients).
Add all the ingredients to a bowl, stir together to a sticky dough and roll the mixture into individual No-Bake Cookie Dough Bites. Allow them to set in the fridge for firmer snacks and then eat away! They are great as a mid-morning snack; afternoon pick me up or after-dinner dessert – basically all day long!
I hope you enjoy making these simple, vegan, gluten-free and healthy cookie dough balls next time you fancy something sweet. Make up a big batch to keep you snacking throughout the week and they are also great to make with friends and little ones.
No-Bake Cookie Dough Bites (Vegan GF)
Deliciously simple, oat and nut cookie dough bites that are easy to make, naturally vegan, gluten-free and make a healthy snack. They taste just like raw cookie dough with lots of chocolate chips.
- 70g oats
- 60g ground almonds
- 100g runny tahini, cashew or almond butter
- 60g maple syrup
- 15g coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla or almond essence
- A pinch of salt
- 50g chocolate chips
1. Blend the oats until a flour forms.
2. Place the oat flour in a large bowl with the ground almonds, tahini or nut butter, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, vanilla or almond essence and a pinch of salt. Stir until a sticky dough forms. Now fold in the chocolate chips.
3. Divide the dough into 12 pieces and roll into cookie dough balls. Place on a parchment-lined tray in the fridge to chill for 30-60 minutes.
4. Enjoy from the fridge or at room temperature.
I look forward to hearing what you think of these No-Bake Cookie Dough Bites so let me know below and tag me in your snacks! I’m @nourishing.amy on Instagram and use the hashtag #nourishingamy. I’m also on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest – please say hello!
With cookie dough bite love x