These Mango Passionfruit Blended Oats taste like summer in every mouthful. Thick, creamy protein-packed and gut-healthy mango blended oats with passionfruit, granola and coconut.
I love a good oats recipe for breakfast and when I want something quick and cold (and forgot to soak my overnight oats) I opt for blended oat jars. Oats are safe to eat un-cooked or un-soaked, so these are perfect for a 10-minute (or less) breakfast jar. They are loaded with mango, passionfruit and coconut, making them feel really summery.
Why will I love these Mango Passionfruit Blended Oats?
You are going to love eating these oats as they are:
- Thick, creamy and oaty
- Packed with fibre, protein and wholefood goodness
- Fruity and tropical
- Sweet and sticky
- Naturally vegan, gluten-free and nut-free
- Easy and quick to make in one bowl in 10 minutes
- Great for meal prep
- A delicious breakfast, brunch or snack
If you already love the idea of these Mango Passionfruit Blended Oats then skip ahead to the recipe card below. Or, first let’s discuss the recipe in more detail.
What ingredients do I need?
The recipe list is short and sweet:
- Oats: the obvious ingredient for these Mango Passionfruit Blended Oats. Make sure your oats are gluten-free where needed and any type of oats will work here as they are going to be blended.
- Chia seeds: I use white chia seeds for the lighter colour but black chia seeds will also work. These are whole chia seeds bur you can also use ground.
- Desiccated coconut: for a light coconut flavour and a tropical element.
- Vegan vanilla protein powder: this adds a boost of protein and the naturally sweet vanilla flavour works so well with the tropical flavours. I use the gut-healthy and plant-based vanilla from Macromike (discount code is MM-AMY-10 for 10% off everything).
- Mango passionfruit coconut kefir: this is the delicious new kefir drink from Cocos Organic which is so thick and creamy. If you don’t have access to this, you can use a dairy-free thick mango or mango-passionfruit yoghurt, too.
- Plant-based milk: any milk is great here like oat, almond, coconut (from a carton) or soya.
- Cubed mango: fresh or frozen mango is great. If using frozen mango, allow it to de-frost first.
- Coconut yoghurt: this is for layering up the jars of Mango Passionfruit Blended Oats. I use the Cocos one as it’s really thick and packed with gut-healthy ingredients.
- Granola: for the layers. Either use homemade granola (like my Banoffee Granola Bark crumbled up or my Peanut Butter Granola) or use shop-bought. Make sure it’s gluten and nut-free, where needed.
- Passionfruit: for topping.
- Blueberries: optional for topping these fruity jars.
- Maple syrup: this is for drizzling on top. The base mix is already sweet enough so this is optional. You can use other drizzly syrups too like agave or vegan honey.
How do I make these Mango Passionfruit Blended Oats?
The method is simple:
- Add all the blended oats ingredients to a blender: everything from the oats through to the plant-based milk.
- Blend till thick and creamy: these are thick, so add a splash more milk if you like.
- Stir through most of the mango cubes: saving some for the layers.
- Layer up the oats with yoghurt, mango and granola: till you reach the top of your jars.
- Top with more fruit: and grab a spoon.
How long will these last?
Once made, you can keep the blended oat mix for 2-3 days, or if you can layer up the Mango Passionfruit Blended Oats in jars and keep for 1-2 days in the fridge.
Are these breakfast pots gluten-free and nut-free?
Yes, these are naturally gluten-free, please check that your oats, milk, yoghurt and granola do not contain gluten. To keep these nut-free, check that your milk, yoghurt and granola have no nuts.
I love these Mango Passionfruit Blended Oats, what else can I make?
I hope you are going to love making and eating these oat jars, and for more ideas, how about my:
- Easy Vegan Snickers Oats
- Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
- White Chocolate Berry Baked Oats
- Kinder Bueno Baked Oats
- Chocolate Orange Blended Oats
Mango Passionfruit Blended Oats (Vegan Gluten-Free)
These Mango Passionfruit Blended Oats taste like summer in every mouthful. Thick, creamy protein packed and gut-healthy mango blended oats with passionfruit, granola and coconut.
- 100g oats
- 30g chia seeds
- 15g desiccated coconut
- 40g vegan vanilla protein powder
- 250ml mango passionfruit coconut kefir drink
- 120ml plant-based milk
- 160g cubed mango, divided
- 4 tbsp coconut yoghurt
- 4 tbsp granola
- 1 passionfruit, halved and scooped out
- A few blueberries
- Extra desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Add the oats, chia seeds, coconut, protein powder, coconut kefir and plant-based milk to a blender and process till thick and creamy.
- Stir in 100g of the mango. At this point you can keep the mix in a sealed container for 2-3 days in the fridge. Add a splash of milk as needed to loosen the mix.
- Spread 1 tbsp of yoghurt into each of two jars and top with some cubed mango. Add some of the mango oat mix and then add some more yoghurt and granola. Top with more mango oats, yoghurt, mango and granola. Serve with some passionfruit, blueberries and extra desiccated coconut. Drizzle over the maple syrup and serve. Enjoy straight away or keep for 1-2 days in the fridge, wrapped well.
I look forward to hearing what you think of these Mango Passionfruit Blended Oats so please let me know in the comments below. If you do make these oats, I’d love to see so please tag me, I’m @nourishing.amy on Instagram and use the hashtag #nourishingamy. I’m also on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest – please say hello!
With mango passionfruit oats love x